Thursday, September 08, 2005

step one is admitting you have a problem

So I thought I'd get all my yarn together to see just how bad my yarn hoarding problem is. Here's my stash, in all it's Lincraft-lovin' glory. Things is, after I took this photo I found another small bag behind the couch so the situation is actually worse than it looks here. Shame on me :(

There's a lot of great stuff here - some yummy hand-dyed mohairs and an embarrassingly large stack of Gedifra Fashion Trend in a nice raspberry red (see colour 01 here) that I want to make a jumper out of. Things that I've picked up for each of my obsessions as they come along (and then stuffed into these bags when I realise I haven't got the motivation to carry through).

My Big Fat New Goal is to knit this pile up into useful stuff that people will want. NO MORE WILL I GIVE IN TO THE IMPULSE PURCHASE OF FROU-FROU NOVELTY YARNS. From now on, I will knit with yarn I already have, and any yarn I buy has to be for a pattern I have and will actually complete! Sorry Lincraft you'll have to find someone else to keep you afloat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

You know how my dad's an addictions counsellor, right? Well for a long time his practice was called "First Step" in honour of the 12 step AA approach. In fact, he has numerous hats and t-shirts which say "First Step" and "I took the First Step" - maybe I should get you one in honour of your First Stash Step?

10:32 am  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hehe. Maybe we can do our own. You see these Stash Whore t-shirts. We need to encourage people to reform: "Stash Whore No More".

2:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home