Thursday, May 10, 2007

FO from SWMSFS

I posted a while back about my decision to give up trying so hard with the knitting. While everyone else is talking about what lace project they are going to do next and in what spider-web thread it is going to be made, I have committed myself to being She Who Makes Stuff From Squares. I have bought some mothballs to tuck away with the Rogue jumper - I know I will get back to that complicated stuff sometime but that time is not now. And it's not soon either. I am really enjoying my return to bimbo knitting. Yesterday I popped into a LYS to check out what's good and tasty, and had some fancy new kind of circular needles pushed onto my spend-lovin' self. They were marketed to me as being "really tiny points, great for lace and cables". "HA!" I snorted derisively. Now that I am comfortable with my tag as Bimbo Knitter, She Who makes Stuff From Squares, I am impervious to knitting snobbery. I don't care how many Clapotis you have made - I don't even care what the correct pluralism of Clapotis is. I laugh at your lace. It's seed stitch scarves all the way, baby. And seed stitch neck cowls for skiing too - the one below is for Mum and another one in charcoal is for Dad.


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

yay for bimbo knitting - something I can marginally understand!! LOL I didn't even understand half of the words you just used in that post re: the snobbery knitting LOL

8:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home