Monday, May 08, 2006

Nearly made it!


Tonight was going to be my first appearance at Stitch n Bitch since the accident, but alas I am stuck at home with a really gross cold. Sorry guys, I'll have to try again in another fortnight! Rest assured I have not abandoned the knitting though - it's right here beside the trusty tissues.


Speaking of knitting not done, though...look what reminder came up on my screen over the weekend:


Oops, ok you can't see a damn thing in this pic, but basically it's reminder from my To Do list. Specifically my "You're on my knit list" list of knitting due dates. It seems that a whole entire year ago I thought that I should have been able to finish the Rogue hoodie by now. I don't think I've even picked it up in that whole time. So another winter goes by with nothing to wear!

And now I'm all inspired by lace knitting. Even though I haven't mastered the cables in the Rogue. Even though I have about 50 other projects on the go. The good thing is I haven't been able to find a pattern so I haven't been able to start project #51. This is the kind of thing I want to do some day, but it didn't come with a pattern (and let's face it, it's a bit too "big time" for me just yet):

My sister gave me a huge pile of yarn on the weekend. It's cotton (which is strange because it says acrylic on the wrapper but it is very obviously not acrylic) and, I'm guessing, about 2 or 3 ply, and also in a colour that will burn your retinas out.

I'm thinking I could use it for some test lace knitting, and if the test works out I could dye it a slightly more subdued colour at the end.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

oh darn, I was so looking forward to having you back at stitch... anyway, at least the sun is shining in your window. Lace... what are you waiting for!?

12:12 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

oh my lord - my eyes my eyes!!! :)

2:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home