Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Samhain Report

Plenty been goin' on in the last couple of days.

Cleaned out the old car and prepared to take it to the dealership. Here's hubby extracting the battery which conveniently up and died just in time. Thanks, battery.



We tried out the new car's dining capabilities with some Macca's drivethru:

Had lunch at a cafe next to a chinese restaurant where I took this:

Saw a really cute little cottage for sale in the area we want. Gorgeous place, but alas just too small for us with all our sporting goods, not to mention all that yarn.


Then this morning we took a drive out to Terrigal, north of Sydney on the coast nearish Newcastle, where I took these:




As is our usual habit, hubby went fishing

while I sat knitting on the beach .


It's that same scarf again that I've been knitting for a while now. The one that started as a dusting mitt and just kept growing. But now it's changed colour as well. I'm kind of inspired by this scarf though:


It's the one I was wearing today and just something I picked up at some chain store somewhere or other. But i really like the colours - they remind me of Monet's garden - and the stitch. I think it's a set of three cables...can anyone correct me on that one?

Anyway, here's the first picture of me ever to appear on CravE, sporting said scarf. Prepare yourself for disappointment. Especially since I am wearing what wasn't in the laundry basket - please forgive.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

I like the sand photos, that's a beaudy. I can't believe you christened your car's dining facilities with maccas drivethrough and not some freshly caught and grilled fish!

9:28 am  
Blogger Rebecca said...

well, i wasn't going to "name and shame" but the only thing my sweetie brought in that was big enough to eat was a whopping great pile of seaweed.

10:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home