Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Bionic Knitter

So this is the nice new piece of hardware I received in my right arm a week ago today, after I was hit by a truck on the way to work on Valentine's Day.


I have a few other assorted injuries and am still having trouble walking, but it looks like I'm on the mend now. It's been a hellish week with lots of pain and frustration, and hubby's been run off his feet looking after me. And yes it has occurred to me more than once that I won't be knitting for around another two months. My helpful MIL suggested I take up French Knitting or crochet - haha. Never!

Be careful anyone who rides a bike or scooter - we are just roadkill waiting to happen out there. No matter how careful you are there's always some other person who's not. I just hope that truck driver looks next time before he turns across traffic.

4 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Oh jeez! That is horrible. I hope you recover quickly.

4:14 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

hi babe - well won't your blog be filled with non-knitting stories for awhile??? - cool x-ray - dave's comment was 'wow' (said with awe)...... recover well babe.

8:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor thing! Did this screw up birthday plans as well? Look after yourself.

6:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read Meg's blog so ignore the birthday question.

6:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home