Friday, February 10, 2006

Well, der.....

A while back I was looking for some graph paper for creating intarsia designs - that is, something printed with rectangular boxes instead of square. I can't believe I use Excel for data every single day and it never occured to me to just make my own graph sheets!

I wasn't sure of the exact measurements for cell width compared to height - maybe someone out there knows - but here 'tis. Just print it out and use coloured pens to fill in the rectangles and create your design, or use the computer to colour the cells and print out on the colour printer.

Here's my first attempt:

I promise to draw something more interesting when I actually come to using this to knit something.

1 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

And you laughed at my excel spreadsheet for Fiver's jumper!!! You have seriously out-geeked me here! But at least your excel spreadsheet is a service to humanity while mine is barely even a service to myself.

5:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home