Friday, January 27, 2006

Happy Yesterday

Happy Australia for yesterday everyone! We had a relatively quiet one full of sums and finance woes. I am sorry to say that the housing dream has died. For one shining moment we thought the Garden of Eden house would be ours. But after further investigation we decided that we would have to give up so much other stuff that we would end up sitting in the fabulous house and doing absolutely nothing else for the next 30 years! As far as places-to-get-stuck-for-the-next-30-years go it was a pretty good one, but still, a girl needs yarn and a boy needs bicycles (yep...don't ask) and we both need holidays (boy, do we ever). So, goodbye fabulous house. Goodbye great balcony. Hello doer-upper. Back onto the Saturday housing trail we go.

We did do some slightly more Aussie Day type stuff than this though. We went up to North Head to the Royal Australian Artillery National Museum and went on a tour of the underground tunnels and rooms where World War II soldiers stored and carried artillery during the war to feed the massive guns used to protect Sydney Harbour. Here's a spooky tunnel:

Here's a left over missile all on its lonesome:

Here's sick bay...in the tunnel:

In true Aussie style I am having another day off today and making a four day weekend of it. Hope you're all having fun at work. I'm off to the shops for a coke spider :)




2 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

sorry to hear about the house - a great do-er-upper is going to find you soon!!! our aust day was great - will post about it soon.

1:46 pm  
Blogger Meg said...

boohoo on the house. We could have sat together doing nothing in each other's houses for the next 30 years, just for something different to do. That is if I could afford the bus fare to your neck of the woods.
As you know I was busy schlepping my stuff to the new neck of the woods on Australia Day so I didn't do anything very interesting or particularly Australian (except I salvaged the dried flowers from a native arrangement my mum sent to me last 26/1 for my citizenship from the bin where it ALMOST was left during the move). See you soon bella.

6:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home