Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Singed but smiling!

I stayed inside at lunch today to knit to avoid the heat they were predicting:

I've finished the back and front of the green Spring Top I started before the holidays, and am now halfway up the first sleeve. I had just finished a repeat in the pattern and thought it was a good time to break away and get back to work. Lucky I did too as 2 minutes later the fire alarm went off. If I'd been stuck in the middle of a repeat with no records taken of where I was up to I would have just had to stay there and burn - my memory is so rotten I would have forgotten by the time we got back. So I bundled up my little pride and joy and followed the throng down the stairs. Run people, someone's burnt some toast. Run for your lives!

Ooh, a fire engine:

But never fear, the precious booty made it out alive and in tact. And I will live to knit another day :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

oh lordy, nothing is sacred now that you've got that little bitty camera is it??? lol

10:30 pm  
Blogger Meg said...

I was knitting at lunchtime too yesterday! Sitting in the shade with my feet in the swimming pool -divine!

10:00 am  
Blogger Rebecca said...

carla - no! hell, YOU gave me the tshirt :)

meg - hey that would have made a great toesday shot!

10:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home