Thursday, January 05, 2006

From CravE with love

At long last I can show you one of the pressies I was making for fellow bloggers Carla (who provides piccies of her modelling hers) and Meg - behold the Funky Apron :


A couple of things I would do differently with this one:

1. It's a wee bit long. Just above knee length would have been better and less silly looking. Reminds me of aprons from the early 1900's that went nearly down to the floor for no particular damn reason (except perhaps to hide those unseemly knobbly white knees). Will be handy though for really major spills. Noone wants raw eggs in their socks.

2. I made a crazy pocket to go on the front but decided it was too crazy and left it off. Need to make a less crazy pocket for it. Definitely needs a pocket though as it just looks unfinished or something. Maybe a plain white pocket to balance out the spotted craziness?

3. Picking up an iron and actually using it to get those bulging crinkly bits out wouldn't have killed me either!

3 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

I know I have been completely remiss in not posting about my Christmas goodies from Crave, but you know I wasn't allowed to say anything until Carla got hers and I wasn't sure whether or not that had happened while you were in QLD but then I read your blog yesterday and you mentioned you'd seen here (well you showed a photo of her offspring's toes) so I figured all was well to post about it and I even got Sean to take a photo of me ACTUALLY COOKING while wearing the apron so I will post it very soon with the appropriate glowing review. I don't mind the pocket so much, I am still thinking about its placement. I also don't mind the length because I am a complete grub so the more coverage the better in my opinion, and I never noticed the crinkly bits, so whatever on that one.
I enjoyed wearing it so much I actually kept it on when sitting down to eat!

9:18 pm  
Blogger Libby said...

Bec, you are crazy! There is nothing wrong with the apron!!! I love it. It looks fantastic. Just in the last few weeks I have started wearing an apron. I just have a plain old white one (NB not the old callico ones from high-school). I too sit down to eat with mine on. Not by choice, just forget to take it off.

The fabric o mine is good in that it hardly crinkles. However bad in that it doesn't absorb much from the grotty fingers wiped down it. Anyhow, it does the job of protecting my clothes from the splatters of oil.

Stop being so critical - it looks great!

5:33 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

it is great.... i love it. have never ever owned an apron before (is that just a little tragic??)..... and the cheesecake tasted so much better for having worn an apron ;)

2:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home