Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Craving indulgence

Maybe it's just because I've been under the weather lately with the flu, but I am just feeling so much like a holiday lately. And not just a weekend away or a week somewhere I've been before. I'm in desparate need of a life-changing travel extravaganza. The other week I was looking at the Yukon and thinking how great a dog-sledding adventure-on-ice would be. And for a while Hubby and I were considering taking the scooters on the ocean-going ferry that goes from Sydney to Tasmania, and pottering around Tassie on the scoots.

But now I am tired and run down and too desperate for relaxation to make the effort, and nothing sounds better than laying on a beach in an exotic location, with a fancy drink in one hand, and massage therapist at the ready. So now we are looking into a trip to Brampton Island in late summer.


*sigh* Looks great. Can't wait. If you're looking for me, I'll be the one holding the drink by the pool that's set IN the ocean!:



We went to Dunk Island a couple of years ago and it was just the best thing for us ever. It was a gorgeous place, and I came back healthy and fit and nicely tanned. Nothing to do but roam around in bare feet and bikini dehusking coconuts and snorkelling, eating huge amounts of gourmet food including bucketloads of tropical fruits, oh...and knitting. I finished most of my first-ever jumper at Dunk in the downtime between luxury massages and Barrier Reef boat trips.

The only thing I would do differently this time is get a massage/treatment when I first arrive to help me chill out, rather than wait. Then perhaps another one towards the end of the week! This is the one I want at Brampton:

Ultimate Indulgence
Body exfoliation & facial
This indulgent therapy will stimulate your senses from top to toe. Relax as pearls of Jojoba beads gently polish your skin and re-energising your circulation. Your senses will be stimulated as soothing plant essences are gently massaged into the body to aid skin cell rejuvenation. Your softened skin is then nourished and rehydrated with a revitalising body treatment. The focus shifts from your body to your face, enjoy a deeply cleansing clay mask before light touch lymphatic massage techniques decongest and rejuvenate skin tissue. You will emerge from this decadent experience with renewed radiance.

Sounds perfect. Now we just have to find the perfect deal...

2 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

oh god i'm so jealous!!! that looks sensational.... well deserved - enjoy!!!

10:15 am  
Blogger Libby said...

Terribly jealous.....

9:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home