Friday, December 02, 2005

I've finally lost the plot OR Crazy Beck's House of Yarn

It doesn't matter how many plots I might have lost before. This time I've lost the biggest one EVER.

I just got nearly 2 and a half kilos of Patons Caressa 8 ply from my local yarn pimps, Lincraft. And it cost me $30. For the lot!

Most of the proceeds will be going to the Give Your Mum a Christmas Present fund. Caressa normally comes out in a little 50g ball, but the balls of wool I got were those bumper granny ones - 230g of fluffy treats at $2.99 each. I notice that other pimps advertise this yarn for $4.90 for the little 50g ball! Shame on them.

So I got enough for Mum-of-the-flying-hands-and-needles-that-go-so-fast-you-can't-see-them and I to each make a jumper (in the purple #4561 - *sigh* I know, another purple jumper) and a couple of balls of the creamy white (#4550) to do something smallish. Though I am considering going back for even MORE of the white so I can make a cabled stitch or maybe lace blanket out of it. Am I completely mad? Do you even need to ask?! In my defence, I ask you - how often can you get enough of a wool and mohair (and ok there's some acrylic in it too) blend to do a whole jumper for around 12 bucks?! How can anyone resist such a bargain?!

I think I need a nice lie down.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got something to cheer you up - zombies! http://www.flickr.com/photos/electricbiscuit/sets/1232669/

9:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home