Thursday, November 17, 2005

Believe it or not!!!

Finally, and for the very first time on this blog, (and quite probably the last as well), FINISHED OBJECTS!!!

I know. You can't believe your eyes. But before you get too excited, it's only fair that I confess. These are objects that I finished earlier this year. And in fact, they are objects that I no longer even have in my possession! They have already been given away to their respective recipients, both newborns of friends of mine (although both projects were sized to be used at 6 months).

The first is a little pixie hat and the first thing I ever made without a pattern (apart from scarves, which don't count). Thankfully I had the good sense to write down what I'd done pretty soon after I did it, so I will be able to do it again. Behold its stripey cuteness:




The second is a cardigan that I adapted from a pattern from a magazine (I think it might have been Creative Knitting). Not that much adaptation though I must admit - the pattern just had awful wide suctiony sections of rib on the sleeves and waist, and a rib button band and collar. I just replaced all of this with a narrow piece of seed stitch. At the time I had ambitions to add a hood, but I soon realised that I was out of my depth and gave up on that one. I would have had to design the hood myself. Now that I am actually knitting hood (for the Rogue) with a pattern, I am thankful that I shied away from that one.



Note the car buttons. I found those buttons 10 whole years ago and hung onto them knowing that one day they would be perfect for some little project. And voila, perfect they are!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

as the mother of the recipient of the gorgeous green cardy I can totally attest to it's beauty. I will question the 'sized for 6 months' comment though. charli girl will still no doubt be wearing it next winter and she'll be 1!!! :) i had no idea the car buttons were antiques LOL

7:58 pm  
Blogger Meg said...

Another lesson that one should never throw away anything that might have a potential future use. You are the guru of that philosophy.

2:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home