Friday, November 11, 2005

It's spring! Time to...buy more yarn?

I know I'm supposed to be reducing the stash rather than adding to it, but I couldn't help but see whether the summer range of yarns was at my local the other day. This one was irresistable:

I hven't figured out what to do with it yet. I have some cotton 8 ply in the same colours that I have been saving up for something but haven't seen any inspiring patterns yet. There was one pattern I considered for a while that was a very simple long sleeved top in a very loose gauge that you'd wear say over a singlet or something. I'm thinking I could do it in the green cotton with the occasional stripe of pink cotton and of the stuff above.

I have also been thinking about this shrug thing that everyone is getting into (see the one skein wonder that Mason-Dixon have fallen in love with). I was looking around on the net for a pattern with a bit of a tie-up at the front and maybe a bit of a lace stitch as I'm keen to give that a go too, and saw something written by an old lady who was having a laugh that the shrug that's so popular now is exactly the same as the bed jacket they used to knit for grandmothers in her day. That reminded me of the big pile of old patterns my mum gave me a couple of years ago, and the pile of patterns my grandmother passed on to me when she died too. I'm sure I saw something from like the 30's for bed jackets. Gonna have to dig that up tonight, and will report back. In the meantime, I'm running off to lunch with Hubby but hope to sneak back through Lincraft for some shrug related inspiration!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home