Tuesday, October 25, 2005

101 uses for modern junk

These blurry little objects are my latest freebie knitting accessories. They're the little rings you get every time you buy a pack of electric toothbrush heads. You're meant to stick them on the toothbrush so you know which one is yours if you are in one of those big family type households with everyone using the same toothbrush and changing heads (that sounds a bit foul if you ask me). But in my little household I'm the only one who uses an electric so I always end up with the rings out of these packets floating around in the bathroom drawer, until the other day when I realised they'd make good stitch markers and can be cut easily in case of accidental knitting-in (don't ask, ok?). This means I can now take back my earrings which have been marking the cables on my Rogue, which I had another stab at last night at SnB. I'd had a bad day with work but was feeling fine and dandy after a good hit of bourbon neat with a beer chaser (the beer's St Cloud's - mmm...) - nothing like knitting Rogue under the influence. And it turned out that Meg has also had some luck in finding cheap stitch markers - little rubber O-rings from a hardware store that cost around a dollar each.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

oh i've got 100's of those little rings in my drawer too - guess what you're getting for xmas now!!! LOL

8:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home