Wednesday, October 05, 2005

when worlds collide

Well, it was only a couple of weeks ago that I was wearing these trashy eighties leg warmers



under my jeans to keep the last of the winter chill out on scooter rides. Monday, however, Sydney hit 33 degs C, so I think we have seen the last of the colder months and I can now start looking forward to swimming, sweating, and trying to find a pair of shorts that my bum will fit into.

Hubby and I spent Monday on the scoots sweating up a storm in all the bikie gear. I love scooting but the problem with all that excitement and freedom is having to rug up in all the protective gear just in case some wanker in a Beemer decides today is the day someone else has to die for *his* deadline (a common problem on Sydney's north shore).

Still, there's nothing quite like it, and you can get awfully attached to the damn things too. Here's mine - a Bug Espresso, marketed in other countries as a Kymco People 150:


And it seems that I am not the only knitter with a scooter fetish. In my knitting group, Sydney Stitch n Bitch, we have another knitter (in the Manly faction) who has recently bought a scooter - in fact the red version of the Espresso - and in the City faction we have another knitter who is tossing up the pros and cons of getting one. (PS You'll have to go to the Days Full blogsite for the Sydney Stitch web link as my work browser admin has deemed it Violent and Unworthy of Viewing by Nice Little Worker Bees - must be that "B" word!).

We have to be careful though because things can get REALLY REALLY UGLY when the World of Knitting and the World of Scooting collide, as the following intarsia distress call will attest to. LET THIS BE A LESSON TO YOU ALL:

1 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

that nutty jumper must be classified as protective gear - it would def keep any crazed beemer driver well at bay regardless of deadlines or urgent cappucino dates.

3:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home