Monday, September 19, 2005

a fruitful weekend

Well, the baking went very nicely...very nicely indeed. The juggish bowl was perfect for pouring:



and the finished product was Oh So Devine. Please meet The Espresso Cupcake:



Thank you, Nigella. How I love your chocolatey high-fat-content ways. Seriously, if you are on some crazy kind of weight loss diet (and, if you ask me, any kind of weight loss diet is the crazy kind), do not eat this cupcake. This one single cupcake will bring you down, my friend. The icing is amaaazing - real butter icing - nothing but fat, chocolate, and a nice bit o' coffee. Mmmmm....

But I have decided that my next obsession needs to be the making/acquiring of a Very Nice Apron. I need an apron as I seem to be limb-control challenged, but had to resort to wearing an ugly old butcher style apron of Hubby's - it's a great bloke's BBQ apron, but I like the frilly, frippy style of aprons you see in old 50s mags. How am I supposed to feel like a domestic goddess wearing the garb of an old man who hacks the hocks off heiffers for a living? Have a look at some of the gorgeous newly made aprons fitting that style on the Tie One On site. Must look into this one. Will tell more on this more recent obsession soon.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

More shameless mutual appreciation, I've tagged you with a meme darl.
Remember, fairy cakes required 7:15 Tuesday night. Oh, and check out Kim's site for photos of the finished swift in action!

6:57 pm  
Blogger Meg said...

I can now attest to the fact that the fairy cakes were very successful indeed.

3:34 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

i thank you kindly :)

4:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home