Monday, October 10, 2005

Finally...

I guess you could say I am now halfway through this journey called Rogue. It's time for me to get the hood underway, and I've gotta say I am a leeetle bit scared. I have been reading up on other people's misadventures with the Rogue hood and have convinced myself that something similarly unwelcome is going to befall mine. Not that I am the negative type. Just that I have already spent, I think, 4 months grappling with this thing like a wet fish in a bucket of jelly (and it really looks like it when I've got two cable needles and five left thumbs in the mix).

So as you can see I haven't done that much on the Rogue, and I thought why not do a little living vicariously through my fellow Stitch n Bitchers tonight.

Here you see the lovely Backyard Leaves that Meg has been producing in Noro Silk Garden (did I get that right Meg?):

You will also notice in the pic above that Meg is clutching the fabulous Ene in red, and a gorgeous jumper from Vogue Knitting mag...two finished products...it's a lot to live up to.

And here you see Susan's gorgeous jumper in the make - not sure where she got her pattern from but I want to know how to do this stitch!

And here is Belinda's super soft and fluffy white garter stitch jumper in action. She's using a vintage pattern for this one. I think at some points Belinda has had the same feelings of "Please someone remind me why I am doing this" during this jumper that I have had with the wayward Rogue, but she keeps going at it with amazing perseverence. I will be going to her for the motivation talks when I hit the hood madness!


And what better to finish off a post with than the modelling of a finished object. What perfect cabling. What peaked cuteness. Hermes, Givenchy, YSL? No, dahlink, SnB.





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,
Great photos! I'll show you the pattern for the jumper next time, its also from the SnB Nation book.

10:21 am  
Blogger Meg said...

I can never remember if it's Silk Garden or Silk Blossom. Why do I get those two words confused? I think it is garden. However, the Very Large Purple Jumper is from VK. And you also very humbly did not point out my knitting bag which is also visible in the photo!! BTW that's available for additional photo shoots if you like. Small fee only for you.

9:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home