Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Onward and upward

I went to Stitch n Bitch at Manly Wharf Hotel last night and did the first bit of knitting on the Rogue for a whole week (ie haven't done anything since I was guilted into it at last week's Stitch session). I was putting it off because I had to start the hood. And even though I was there for a good couple of hours I still only got about thirdway round the neck, picking up stitches. Mind you I'm feeling much better about it all now - much less worried about getting the hood to work and the jumper finished completely. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. And seeing as I'm at that finishing stage, why not start looking at the next project - haha. *sigh* It seems I am not the only person with the Finishing Problem - Carla from A Day in the Life of a Type A Personality knows first hand how the excitement of the new project can overshadow the already-started one (or ones in her case - hell, at least I've restricted myself to only 2 million things at once, haha).

Anyway, onto bigger and better things (sorry Rogue, I do love you, but can I see other people, er, jumpers?). Here's the pattern I have been salivating over for some time now (yes, Rogue, I fell in love with this one even before I ever knew you existed):


It looks so scrummy and cosy but I haven't been able to find the right yarn for it. It's a Gedifra pattern from their book Highlights #43. The yarn they specify is Gedifra Mouline, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere, and I'm not super-keen to order it on the internet without getting a look at it in person. I have a sneaky suspicion that it might look a bit too mottled up close. It's apparently "Polar weight" which I had never heard of. I guess that's just super super chunky! The gauge is 8-11 st/10 cm. The Elann site provides a really handy tool for looking for other yarn possibilities and this is what it brought up for me. I quite fancy the Jaeger Natural Fleece that it lists there, but a. it's likely to burn a pretty big hole in my wallet, and b. the mouline has a fair bit of drape to it that gives the jumper that nice cosy look and I think the 100% woolly chunkiness of the Jaeger might make it look a bit Michelin-y. Anyone got an opinion?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home