Friday, November 04, 2005

We can be (knitting) heroes

It's that time again! The Sydney Royal Easter Show (which is on in April every year) has put out the call for next year's pieces of artistic and craftastic masterpieces for judging!

Meg of Days Full - this is your year. Everybody - look at this finished piece of brilliance and just TRY to tell me any good reason why this fine example of the Rogue might possibly be overlooked by the Easter Show judges:


Not a chance, I tell you. Not a one. By God, Megsy, put the thing in or forever get ribbed for letting this one get away. Remember, darl, forever is a really long time to get bugged by me.

Here's the form for any of you out there contemplating similar endeavours. Remember, there are lots of other categories (mosaics, crochet, sewing, handbag-making, bla, bla, bla) to choose from so don't get stuck on the knitting. Your due date to get the form in is 9 December 2005, but you don't have to have the finished object ready till late March 2006, so no reason to panic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Hey, where did you get that picture??? I will think about entering Rogue. What if I hand over My Precious and the judges accidentally spill something on it while judging the (oh, I don't know) cordial classes, and Rogue is forever ruined? No insurance policy can cover that!

3:39 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

do you suppose I could submit pre-folded nappies made from bandannas as my craft? no. well I guess i'm out of the running as that's as far as my flair goes :)

5:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home