Monday, November 14, 2005

A shrug by any other name

I had a good look through my vintage patterns for that 1930's version of the modern shrug, the bed jacket, but haven't found it yet. Mind you, my pile of patterns is almost as big as my pile of yarn, so I didn't quite get through them all.

Still I did find this little beauty. It seems there have been more than one incarnation of the shrug throught the ages. And look, here's the 80's Grease Lightning version, simply referred to as a "waistcoat".

The glitter "waistcoat" is a special place that I don't feel quite ready to go. Instead I am considering the Mia Shrug, brought to you by Karen of Yarn is My Metier. Now that's better.

3 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

You know I love the Mia shrug - but what about Blue Collar from Scarf Style? That would fit your requirements. I have the book - I'll bring it to Stitch tomoz.

3:40 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

can I have one of those glitter things for xmas... please??? ;)

5:28 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

that's IT, mrs oh-i'm-funny! you're GETTING one of those now!!!

10:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home