Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Stitch update

Regarding the confusion over moss and seed stitch, I am going to stick to my current definitions as About.com agrees with me. And that's good enough for me. Seed stitch is as I have been doing it, and moss stitch did have some craziness, but not quite the craziness I expected...and it's not complicated either. The complicatedness was a moss stitch myth. Anyway, maybe this whole seed versus moss thing started as a cultural mix-up between the Brits and the Yanks.

In further updates: there is every possibility that the bag will now become a giant floor cushion. Meg has suggested that even though the strip I have knitted so far is too skinny to be made into a cushion on it's on, it could be the decorative centre strip for a larger cushion, using fabric for the rest of it and sewing it all up. I wonder, can my sewing machine handle the power? I can see some hand-stitching coming into this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home