Thursday, December 01, 2005

Back the bus up

Well I said I'd be posting about the next project today but I can't now as I still need those needles. I finished what would have been the bag, but now I need to cast on again to turn it into a cushion! After the big idea yesterday I went home and ratted through both stashes - fabric and yarn - looking for something to make up the rest of the cushion. I found a couple of balls of the same yarn in a contrasting colour - an nice rich charcoal - I think it will go well. So I'm going to do a couple of narrow panels of charcoal stocking stitch either side of the green stripey panel, and then dig out (or buy) some fabric for the back. I am tossing up whether to use that fabric to also line the back of the knitted panel. I'm thinking it might be hard to find a cushion insert the right size, and I can't stuff it with fibre fill without a backing or the bits of white fluff will show through.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

I wouldn't bother lining - you'll find a cushion insert that can be beaten into the right shape, I'm sure.

1:40 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

i KNEW you were going to say that. your nickname should be "make-it-fit meg".

2:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home