Monday, December 05, 2005

The bag-cushion

No more wallowing in future projects. Time to get back to reality. Here's how the bag cushion is coming along:

I knitted the side panels up in the charcoal Gedifra Fashion Trend and pinned it all out in position. Even though I have a nagging feeling that I'm going to wish I'd made those side panels a bit wider, I think it'll be pretty nice once it's all stitched up and has some matching fabric on the back. But I'm just stuck for now as I can't think what colour yarn to use to sew these three panels together! It's a serious consideration because I'm such a messy sewer. It doesn't matter whether I use the green or the the charcoal - either way I'm going to end up with stitches of one colour showing up on the panel of the opposing colour. I could machine sew it...that would make the stitches invisible. But there is the risk it make the fabric buckle a bit. And the stitches won't match exactly on each piece of fabric. I do like exact matching. Looks like I am going to have to do proper mattress stitch. *sigh*

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

There is no time like the present to practice your 'proper' mattress stitching...you will soon have Rogue to sew up and after all that work on a jumper you will certainly want your finishing to be top notch.
PS I love sewing up using mattress stitch, maybe I can give you some moral support.

9:33 am  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I've never heard anyone say they like sewing up before. you must have a fever! thank you, i may have to take you up on your offer though i think i probably just need to grow some patience!

9:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home