Wednesday, December 07, 2005

New green shoots

Move over cushion, here's the new project. The green spring top:



This is a pattern from Creative Knitting. I think it was last year's spring issue. It calls for a Nundle Woollen Mill wool yarn but I am using Katia Mississippi - I thought the cotton might be a bit cooler, but what's best is it comes straight from my hideously large stash so no purchasy. It's knit up on a 10mm needle so is pretty loose and breezy (anything cool today is sounding good as Sydney has hit 40 degrees C and the air con at work has broken down - yay), and transparent too as you can see below, so I'll need to wear a singlet top underneath.

It's a really basic "straight up and down" pattern so it's a good one to take everywhere I go. And here's its new home while it's being dragged around with me. A toiletries bag from Baubridge & Kay.


The heat is melting what's left of my brain - I'm outta here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Nice bag. I think someday your system of knitting bags deserves a full post.
Nice knitting too, here's hoping you have some time to wear it this summer.
But what about the cushios?!? I want to see them in their completed glory!

9:15 am  
Blogger Rebecca said...

all in good time meg. i have been at home a couple of days with ze seeecknesss. i am spending my weekend in bed with cups of tea...

11:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home