Saturday, December 10, 2005

Sick chookie

I received a comment on my last post from Meg asking what has happened to the sewing up of my bag-cushion. Ah, such brave words from the lass who still hasn't sewn up the cardigan she was knitting when I met her two YEARS ago! Only kidding, Meg! Meg's recently posted about her occasional problem with numerical accuracy and resulting garment fit issues. I've gotta say she's right in saying that her slapdash attitude towards numbers bugs me a bit, but mainly just because I'm a statistician. Times that I have left my stats hat at the door Very Bad Things have happened. For example, after finishing the back panel of the Spring Top yesterday, I ripped the whole thing back to halfway beceause I hadn't bothered doing proper length measurements on ME before deciding on the length measurement for IT. That said, at least it got me started on the damn thing. Because of my obsession with numbers I often have the problem of not doing anything at all - I get so hung up on a cm here and a little too much bagginess there that creativity goes out the window and the whole project grinds to a halt.
Anyway the reason I have gotten no further with the bag-cushion is partly because of this problem, and partly because I have spent the last couple of days at home with a nasty virus. Lying on the couch with some nice soothing stocking stitch on big fat needles has been the best I could muster, but as soon as I am feeling less seedy I will get back onto that pesky sewing up...

2 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

ah that explains the lack of email rsponse friday - wondered if you were ok. hope you're feeling better soon.
xoxo
carla

11:49 am  
Blogger Meg said...

I must set the record straight!!! I did indeed sew that cardie up...I just didn't sew in the zip once I realised there would be certain "fit" issues... In fact, the sewn-up state is what prevents me tearing it all out and starting over again - it's all just too hard when there are seams to unpick.
Anyway, that's neither here nor there. Hope you're feeling better soon. I was also wondering about the lack of email entertainment on Friday!

10:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home