Monday, January 09, 2006

Coffee corset

Thanks guys for the nice words about the apron. I'm really glad you liked them. I guess it's true that we see the faults in our own creations more than others do. I will try to be less critical of my creative offerings in the future - even though I do like to have a bit of a joke at the expense of my hand-makes sometimes. When you spend a few intense hours on something it's nice to be able to have a laugh about it - kinda like a debrief! And in that light, here's an actual finished knitted object that I would have otherwise probably made fun of but which I will now quietly present with a smug smile and a deft flourish :)


This one was a last minute Chrissy present for my mum, just for a bit of a laugh. She's a very proficient knitter - you know, the kind who can knit a whole jumper in a week without looking down at the needles! I often want to knit something for her, but feel that I should make something for her that she wouldn't make for herself. So, because she tends to make big, difficult, traditional things, I always feel inspired to make her small, easy, wacky things!

This particular wacky item is a cosy for a coffee plunger (or French press as I think the Americans call it). Tie the ribbon at the top while it's brewing then undo to pour.

I started calling it a coffee corset rather than a coffee cosy because the colours made me think of saucy French lingerie. Here it is post gifting, in Mum's kitchen:


Looks right at home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Still waiting to see your attempt at the digestive tract!

8:13 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

i think that would make me queasy - hehe :)

10:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home