Friday, January 20, 2006

Unravelling the mystery

Damn, damn, damn. After the Green Top Debacle I didn't need this. While knitting a piece for the Hard Rockin' Mystery Item, I realise I'd trotted along without changing colour when required. Not my fault - the pattern is a bit vague about where to actually change and I chose the wrong one of several interpretation options. Silly me. I tried to rip back just to the row where the change needed to be made, but the needles are so teeny for the wool (4.5mm on 12 ply) that I had a spack and couldn't get the stitches back on the needle. Yes I know I could have done the fandangled thing where you put the needle through the row where you want to rip back to, and I tried that but the end stitches were just too dang tight to get into. So instead I decided stuff it, and ripped the bugger back completely and started again....at 6.30 this morning. The things you do when you can't sleep.

But it's great working on a mystery item like this that's made up of lots of teeny little pieces coz you can rip right back when things go wrong and have that same piece reknitted again in an hour. So I hopped on this "little pieces" bandwagon and picked up a project that I can do at work in my lunch hours. Isn't he the handsomest :)



I'm not doing him as a wolf though. I will be changing the tail (I'll do an I-cord) and the teeth and turning him into a brown rat (Hey I like rats, don't knock them! And what about native marsupial rats? Now they're nice.). I have only just started, and the pattern starts at the bottom of the body, so all I have so far is this rat crotch:


Mmmmm...nice rat crotch...

1 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

you knitters are odd you know that bec? you're knitting a rat crotch!!?? oh dear..... LOL

8:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home