Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A Thousand Toesdays. Okay, three. Shut up.


It was bucketing down today, so this week's toes are clad in the funky wellies I got from the UK. It's fair to say I have a shoe fetish... Even though the rain was coming down pretty thickly this morning I still braved the morning commute on the scooter. I have all the wet weather gear (of which the wellies are a part) so I come out pretty much dry except for my hands as my gloves are the only thing not fully waterproof. It's really no worse than going bushwalking in the rain in a goretex jacket. In fact, better! And the bonus of rainy day riding is getting a parking spot right up close to my office as all the other riders are in bed or on the bus. The view from my office is normally this (looking through the buildings to the city end pylons of the Harbour Bridge):

But today it was this:
If the above toes weren't enough for you, check these two Toesday displays out. Meg's toes on the back of a jeepney in the Philippines, and Libby's offering of both human and animal toes.

7 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

1) Love the wellies. I want a pair!!!!!!!

2) The animal toes were meant as a joke. Not sure if anyone got it, but I am not going to explain the other meaning of 'camel toe'. I was being rude.

7:06 pm  
Blogger Meg said...

You and your beloved rain can get stuffed! Yesterday at lunch time my dad (who's staying with us) rang in a panic - "Your roof is leaking...onto your piano" Aargh!! Ring realo, zip home (as fast as one can on public transport - yes I was wishing for a scooter at that point), begin mothering my dear piano who had gotten very wet (my dad didn't notice the leaking until it got pretty heavy - it was in another part of the flat), organising buckets and saucepans to catch drips, towels to soak up drips deflected off buckets...aargh!! By the time I got home my dad had SINGLE-HANDEDLY moved the piano out of the direct line of fire! (I said the thought of 'I didn't pay for 15 years of piano lessons to have her quit now' gave him herculean strength.) The roofer was an ace chappie who had the problem sorted out toot sweet (gutters blocked) but the dripping continued into the evening. I rang my piano tuner in a flap - but he said he'll have to come look at it after we move (it's dumb to do things to pianos before they are moved because they get stressed with the move and wind up out of tune). All this 1 week before moving house - at least it got us into 'chaos' mode a little sooner than expected.

8:45 am  
Blogger Rebecca said...

meg - what a tale of woe! :( you must be feeling pretty glad you're moving out of there - how timely. i hope there are no similar drip-related issues at the new place. i must say from the pics of it it looks too posh to have anything as common as a leaking roof :)

libby - the wellies were fom www.funkywellies.co.uk. they don't seem to have that same pattern anymore, but lots of other interesting ones. yes, we got the camel toes thing you rude young lass ;) was that your camel toe we saw or someone else's?!

10:20 am  
Blogger Libby said...

That is Harry's camel toe. No, he does not have vagina. It's just that the image fitted in with my joke.

10:32 am  
Blogger Rebecca said...

that explains why i couldn't see a vagina in the picture. that and the pants...

2:27 pm  
Blogger Libby said...

What, girls don't wear pants anymore????

3:34 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

hahaha - no the pants explain why i couldn't see a vagina, or anything else. oh lib..... ;)

11:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home