Friday, August 04, 2006

Ho hum

It's full on bucketing down and 10 degrees today - this is as wintery as it ever really gets in Sydney and I've got to say I'm loving it and hating it at the same time. Hating it because I'm trying to stay warm so I can get over the whooping cough that's been stopping me from blogging for weeks. Loving it because I can wear my parka hood up and a woolly scarf and this weekend I'll pull out my beloved wellies. There's a crazy childish joy that catches hold of me when it really rains like this. My workmates and I just ran outside in the rain without brollies to buy hot chocolates with marshmallows and sprinkles. Bugger work and illness and being a respectable adult, I want to go out and stand in the water that rushes down the gutter so it makes little waves up and over my feet. Maybe we could send out a memo to all the boring stuffy offices in the city telling them to all get out the wellies and shiny yellow rain slickers and have the arvo off playing tag in the rain.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

hmm, running in the rain in Queensland when it's 28 deg - that's ok. In syd when it's 10deg - you're insane :)

10:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home