Sunday, May 13, 2007

Another FO!

I'm just as shocked as you are. Not only did I knit another of those neck-cowl things to keep for myself but I also made a bub's smock dress designed to become a top as the child grows, using a vintage pattern I picked up on the way through country Victoria at Christmas time. I need to work on my stitching, but I think the prototype is pretty cute. Now I just need someone with little girls to see what age it fits....Carla, this may be a job for you! I love the back - so cute:

The pattern, which was put out in the 60's, shows it being worn as a baby dress with tights or little bloomers, or as a toddler top with shorts. I don't have kids, so I can't say, but I'm thinking the bloomers option is pretty outdated now. I can remember back to primary school where the sports uniform was a tunic and big bloomery red bloomers. The elastic at the top of the thigh was so itchy. I could never make a child wear them after having had that experience.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

oh beck - it's gorgeous!!! if you need a model send it up and i'll let you know what size it is..... or give me the measurements - i can tell you based on that....

7:24 pm  
Blogger Libby said...

Love it! You are a clever little chook!

Pretty things for little girls just make me clucky.

7:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home