Sunday, June 04, 2006

Busy, busy...

I may not be posting much lately but I am still doing stuff. Believe it or not I have a finished product to show for myself. Here I am modelling it in my PJs this morning. Is it rude to blog in your pyjamas?


The scarf has now been tucked away awaiting its presentation to one very lucky recipient. I have a bit of the yarn left over that I might make a tea cosy out of at some point, if I can find the pattern I've got somewhere in the rubble pile I call home.

Next, however, I have two main projects calling to me. One is the Rogue jumper I have had sitting around since last winter. For most of the year since I dumped it in frustration I have felt guilty about it, but just recently I've been thinking about my old flame cabling and I reckon it might be the time to pick it up again. It's definitely the kind of thing you want to knit in winter, all cosy by the fire.

The second project in my head at the moment is something in lace. Not sure exactly what in lace at this juncture, but I have just been feeling like it's "my time" to give it a go. I picked up some 4ply the other day - Grignasco Bambi in red and burgundy. I think the red will be a good scarf for my mum, and the burgundy maybe a stole for me. I'm also keen to pick up some green 4 ply as I have an obsession with leaf lace patterns but also this really strong feeling that leaf patterns should be in green. Or at least in some autumn leaf shade.

So I guess tonight I'd better dig out a pattern to start on since Sydney SnB is on tomorrow night and I have nothing to go on with. That's not entirely true - I should go on with the dolls I started early this year. I'm not a finisher...

In the meantime I have actually been doing something more useful than procrastinating. Hubby and I are going on a little trip this Queen's birthday weekend in the new van, so we had to fit it out as a camper. This meant getting a camping bed together for the back. We went down to the local foam place and got them to cut two mattresses, so they can go next to each other to make a bed, or be stacked on top of each other as a seat and to make way for luggage and camping gear. We picked up some sheeting fabric from Spotlight (I love that place) and sewed up some groovy covers.


So we're all ready to go now. Just the packing to go, and that will be made easier by the mega-bag I stitched out of the scraps:

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

The beauty of blogging is that you can wear whatever you like!

12:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home