Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Situation: CRITICAL

I have moths. I mean, my flat has moths. Sorry, I'm a bit panicked. I have some serious wool stockpiling going on and now there are moths. Everywhere. I caught these two at it tonight (*shudder*) and blatted them (*double shudder*):


And then there were another two singles lookin-for-love around my yarn stash:

This is very very bad. I'm too scared to look in the bottom of the yarn stash to see what the damage is. It hasn't been just these four moths that I found tonight. I have been finding heaps of them all over the flat. I would say I have come across at least 20, no jokes. How much damage can that many moths do? I'm guessing a lot. Just recently I found a jumper my mum handknitted for me years ago that had been chewed by a moth since the last time I pulled it out a year ago. That was fairly traumatic but it only would have been one moth's damage. I think I might just shut my eyes, keep swatting insects, and never look in the bottom of the yarn box. There are some things I can't face.

10 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

two words.... cedar balls

8:00 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

goodness. it's like the 'moth' version of my 'grasshopper' post except I had no knitwear at stake :)

4:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

here are two more words which may solve the moth crisis:

knit faster

10:54 am  
Blogger Rebecca said...

or knit at all! i've been doing bugger all knitting lately. and those knit tags i did were all in fun fur.

ps i think anonymous people should be outed. who ARE you, oh mysterious one?!

12:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Rebecca, the anonymous one is me. Sorry, I meant to tell you that I was the anonymous one (in hindsight i could have just signed my name). Just whenever I leave a comment as myself on your blog, I get an 'undeliverable' email bouncing back to the email address I've got registered with blogger so I thought I would get around that by commenting anonymously. Yours truly, Meg

11:22 am  
Blogger Meg said...

Also, make sure the flour and any other grains are stored in air tight containers in your pantry! Don't want weevils in our cupcakes now, do we?

4:38 pm  
Blogger Libby said...

Better still, keep your flour in the freezer. But hey - at least the weevils cook up nicely! They also add texture to your cookies.

5:39 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

gross. hey maybe that's where the moths are coming from?

9:53 am  
Blogger susan said...

Hmm, I've found dead cockroaches in my yarn stash which is pretty gross, but at least they don't eat the wool (I think!)

8:00 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

oh that's disgusting. but i must confess, i once found a cockie nesting in a pile of fun fur. hideous, but at least you don't feel bad about throwing out fun fur!

2:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home