Monday, December 18, 2006

Pressies done and dusted

I've done all the stuff I had to do for the family's Xmas pressies now and all I have to do is wrap and post. I made about 50 of this bag (modelled here by the family rabbit):


Mum and my MIL each got one, and my sister got one as a picnic bag (stuffed with goodies, champers, picnic blanket, etc). We gave her and her partner the pressie over brunch yesterday in Crow's Nest. We were just finishing our coffee when we noticed the parking ranger come round. Of course, ever the rebel, my sister had parked in a no standing zone so she had some fast talking to do, but it turns out if you're a pretty blonde, it's Christmas, and you drive a restored shiny black Corvette with left hand drive you don't get tickets like the rest of us schmoes! Here's the fast talking in action (I think that's incredulity on the guy's face):

So I have had to jettison a few projects til the New Year in the interest of sanity, but I did manage to get one little extra thing in, and that's this sleeping-bag bag. I have gone through so much sewing in the past few weeks I've had to change needles again - something I would normally only do once every 3 years.

Gotta dash off and get these gifts wrapped, then brave the lines at the post office. Ta-ta.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home