Friday, May 08, 2009

Bored silly but in a nice way

Today I hung out at Tuggeranong Hyperdome for something to do. The home of ugly teenagers and parents aged under 13. It's funny how being a mum can be exciting and boring at the same time. I find myself doing inane things like combing the 2 dollar shops for god knows what piece of crap, and really quite enjoying it for the fact that it's so different from my usual work. Providing she's been fed and changed and isn't wanting for anything, there really isn't much to do but just hang out with her and wait for the next drama to unfold.

We went to the pet shop to see how much pondfish were. Quite a lot it turns out. That was about $420 worth of fish that died the other week! Nuts. She gazed at the wall of tanks and tanks of brightly coloured fish with the same goggled eyed stare she gives the telly. This morning I turned the tv off when she was doing that and she burst into tears. Think it was messing with her brain waves or something.

Hmmm. I'm finding myself with as little to say on this blog as I have to say in conversation to friends lately.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home