Monday, June 04, 2012

Back in style

Kind of a double meaning to that title.  Not only am I back to blogging as of NOW, but the reason I am back is my sudden inspiration to show you some of my recent finds at op shops lately. I have been keeping all this retro goodness to myself, but then just recently I met Claire from Ope Shope Hope.  She blogs her obsession with op shopping and who can blame her - it's a wonderful sport.  But she has also unwittingly spurred on my own obsession which has been deepening of late.  So I have decided to share a few of my favourite scores, beginning today with this one:



I love collecting vinyl - there's nothing like the deep rich sound you get from LPs and Hubby bought me a brand spanking new turntable last Christmas.  So when I saw this old library display stand for $20 at the tip shop I just had to have it!  Hubby turned a sickly shade of yellow when I said I wanted it - I am always bringing things in to the house with nowhere to put them.  And he was a bit weird at first when he realised my record collecting hobby was starting to take over the living room, but then he caught the bug himself and it's been smooth sailing since.

My other recent faves are this table and the tureen on it:



The table needs work but the two of them both have these great round shapes that I was drawn to. I have seen this table shape elsewhere but don't know anything about it.  You can see I am on a serious 70s jag.  We have a 70s era house so I must be channelling the spirit of some long deceased inhabitant.  Something about the style of the era has me completely obsessed.

Anyway, there's the start of my return. A brief chat for now but I will be back with more in a day or two with more of my second hand finds.  I'm knitting again so maybe I will give you a quick look at that too.

Also just before I go - one small but shameless plug.  My Etsy shop has been pumping out the patterns lately and I've been blogging the patterny goodness here:
http://teapotandsnail.blogspot.com.au/
Just so you know.  Coz it wouldn't be right not to share  :)

2 Comments:

Blogger zigsma said...

I covet that library stand!!! And we have extremely similar taste in music. Highly commended!

12:52 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Not as much as I covet your peacock chairs I'm betting :)

8:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home