Thursday, December 27, 2007

New projects


Yet another thing for me to start and never finish!

By the way this is a good time for me to mention that I still haven't got around to finishing the questions for April's meme. Sorry April!! And hi! Do you know how few things there are out there starting with R? I am finding that out! I thought I might cheat and do this one of yours instead - I believe in the psychic power of iPod. :)

Anyway, back to the new project.
I got the cute little coffee table above from Reverse Garbage in Marrickville - this place is fantastic. They sell a whole bunch of recycled junk that nobody else wants. Stuff like the usual old crap that people have chucked from their house, but also a whole shed full of manufacturing leftovers like bits of fabric, metal sheeting, timber, etc, etc. As well as this table I picked up a big bag of fabric samples originally used to show new dress fabrics to Sydney fashion houses. I have a few quilting/patchworking ideas for all the different coloured squares. The table is going to get a new paint job, so I'll post it up again when that's done.
There's been some other serious crafting business going on in our household as well. Hubby has been designing kites - the one he's making at the moment is big enough to lift you off the ground. So a lot of sewing going on and he's been competing with me for the sewing machine. I'm thinking maybe we need a second machine like an overlocker or something. I have a whole pile of sewing going on myself as I've been making all sorts of goodies in preparation for the opening of my new Etsy store! I won't give you the link just yet - I'll post it up when I've got my products online. At the moment it's just a shopfront. Basically, I love making bright coloured things for kids but since I don't have any of my own I needed an outlet, somewhere for all these things to go...hopefully someone out there will give a home to some of the clothes and doodads I whip up. Otherwise I don't know what I'll do with the growing stacks. ;)
PS Interesting note: Etsy just got the Jim Hensen (you remember the muppets) Honor for Community. And speaking of muppets - PIC, here's an Etsy link for you. Just your thing I think.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rebecca :)
Absolutely do the iPod meme, its a crack up!! I was going to tag you for it but never got around to it...and forgot all about it, oops!
Oooooh an Etsy store, I am intrigued :)

8:00 pm  
Blogger susan said...

Damm, whenever I go to Reverse Garbage I never find the cute stuff

3:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home