Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Loving winter!

I always have a bummed out moment at the start of winter, just when it starts to get good and proper cold.  When crisp, cool autumn, which I love, gives way to dead leaves and hibernation.  I can't get motivated to do anything - I guess it's denial.  I want summer back and can't deal with winter, not yet.

Then skiing starts and just one trip can rev me up into overdrive.  I went down to Perisher on Sunday, and just that one morning of skiing (my legs gave out about 2pm!) has me pumped.  I have more energy than I've had for weeks - even though the nearly 5 hours of driving and flogging my long-asleep legs on the piste also really took it out of me.  What a shock to the system!  I've had my wake up call.  Now I'm craving my next hit.  And not only of the skiing but of the hot chocolates with the lot that I've already started indulging in.  It's fair enough having one of these when you've been careening down icy slopes all day, but when all you've done is drop your child off at playschool, maybe not so much.  Hopefully this new surge of motivation will keep me burning off some of these calories!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home