Friday, August 25, 2006

My latest craving

I can't get enough of chai tea lately. This latest fixation has come about through a need for a milky coffee replacement when I'm out somewhere or when someone's doing the cafe run at work. But finding places that do a decent chai has become a bit of a challenge. About the worst I have had was the place that served what could only have been a hot strawberry milkshake *gag*.

Until this morning. I don't know what I was thinking risking it again. I have previously bitched and moaned about this cafe and swore I would never go back there after they served me the red and white slime on toast that was supposed to be a cheese sandwich. But I was busy as hell and one of the girls offered to do the cafe run...and that's where she was headed. The result was this:


This picture doesn't do justice to the huge clods of spice congesting the bottom half of the drink. It was so bad (and, yes, I was so desperate) that I had to use the fork to get the worst of it out, but still I had to strain it through my teeth just to get something that didn't go down with the consistency of curdled milk. For the love of Vishnu - even a poor street vendor in India will have the decency to strain your chai tea through an old sock.

4 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

ugh... when will you learn your lesson with that place!
In fairness you should tell everyone about that really delicious SOY one you had last w/e!

4:52 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

well that put me off ever even TRYING one!! ugggh.

1:16 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

oh don't get me wrong. chai is great. no, more than great - sublime. and that one i had at the barracks cafe the other weekend with you meg was perfecto! the soy is a perfect compliment to the spices. carla, you have to try it :)

9:57 am  
Blogger Carla said...

okay at the mention of soy i am yet again gagging!! :)

11:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home