Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Rest day

So I was going to be all soothing and holidayish and take you on a photo trip up to the mountains today but then OOPS I got drunk all of a sudden but that's holidayish, right?

The story is this.

The fridge karked it yesterday - I was so restrained not to bitch about it, no? So I've been buying ice in the interim, and after two weeks of living out of an esky, what do you know? I'm doing it again!

But today I accidentally bought too much than required. Of course, logically, this means I have to get rid of some ice. But there's something about my upbringing by people who endured a childhood marked by rationing during the Second World War that won't allow me to waste the ice. So I am using it in bacardi and grapefuit cocktails. As one does in such an emergency.

So now I am incapable of climbing mountains let alone leading anyone else up one. And you thought you would be seeing Cradle Mountain today. Well, can I just say I think it's important to be flexible when you're travelling.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home