Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A room of one's own

One of the benefits of moving out of a teeny flat and into a big house is that I now get to have my very own sewing room. All for me. Girls only, no boys allowed - hmmm...I wonder if I can find a sign for the door that says that. One of the things I liked about being single is that you can have a whole house to yourself, so living with a partner, it's a real luxury to have a space of my own, and now I finally have it.


Cutting table and craft supplies galore on one side. And you can see a mannequin in the corner - that was a gift from Hubby for mybirthday just the other day - 36, oh my lordy. And this morning I received a parcel from Hubby's parents with a craft tote in it. These people know what I want! That will come in handy as a good friend of mine who lives just round the corner has been getting into quilting, and we've decided to spend Fridays together sewing at her house and swapping inspiration. So far she's loaned me some great books that you should get a hold of if you are sewing inclined:
  • Crafts for Baby by Alison Jenkins

  • Bend the Rules Sewing by Amy Karol (of Angry Chicken fame)

  • Softies

  • Romantic Home Sewing by Christina Strutt

  • and my fave - Midwest Modern by Amy Butler (I loooove her house)

So now I have plenty of patterns and no excuses to use up my ever-growing stash:

Wish me luck :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

awesome!! i dream of a room just for me - with my piano...a comfy chair, a stack of books and a cattle prod to make sure no children or hubbies enter ;) LOL

10:10 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

oooh a cattle prod! hey now you're talking!

8:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home