Saturday, February 10, 2007

Nice booty

I've been a-purchasing again after a few months of trying to save my pennies. I guess it was a withdrawal thing - hysteria finally set in and I found myself being drawn to things I can technically live without. It all started with this bag I found at Midas - not only an awesomely scrumptious bag, but also the perfect size and shape for my knitting. A pair of needles can fit flat on the bottom and the base doesn't sag so no need to worry about bamboo needles breaking.

Perfect for knitting on your lap on the bus:
The second thing came from a trip to a new store I've been meaning to visit since it opened up a couple of months ago - The Funky Junk Shop on the corner of Sydney Road and Wanganella Street, Balgowlah. I've been hunting one of these down for ages - a grannymobile for shopping. I've seen a lot of the brown swirly 70s fabric ones but they're not really me. Also found a nice bit of pre-loved fabric.
The buying frenzy finished with a collection of subdued hues from my pusher in Dee Why. I'm think of turning the flowery stuff into a dress, so am now on the hunt for patterns suited to stretch fabric:

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

I love that funky junk shop. I remember when she opened. I moved out a few months later. Haven't been back since. Good to see she is still going.

7:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home